How to build a Flow to automatically send an email when a file is uploaded to a SharePoint folder
Business scenario: You have a document library which contains multiple folders. You want an email to be sent out automatically when a file is uploaded to a specific folder. You want to be able to send the email with the file attached to multiple colleagues and/or individuals who work outside of your organisation. You would also like to customise the email that is sent with some additional information about the file.
Please note: You will be required to have a Microsoft account setup. This can be a personal or work account (as Power Automate is available to everyone for free).
- To begin, navigate to https://flow.microsoft.com and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- From the left navigation, select Create.
- Select Automated cloud flow. You now have the basic start of your flow.
- Select the + New step button located under your trigger. You will see a pop-up asking you to “Choose an operation”.
- In the search box, type “metadata”. The results will filter and you may need to scroll to find “Get file metadata”.
Download the FREE guide below for the next steps. This guide has been carefully prepared by our Microsoft 365 consultant with detailed steps and supporting images.