Microsoft again recognised as a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms
Microsoft – Microsoft has pioneered intelligent content services in Microsoft 365 to help customers achieve more. And the industry has taken note. Microsoft are honoured that for the second year in a row Gartner has recognised the company as a Leader in the Content Services Platforms Magic Quadrant for 2018. Once again, Microsoft placed highest in Ability to Execute.
Gartner defines a content services platform as:
“A set of services and microservices, embodied as an integrated product suite and applications that share common APIs and repositories, to exploit diverse content types and to serve multiple constituencies and numerous use cases across an organisation.”
SharePoint is the content services platform for Microsoft 365, with capabilities for creating, sharing, protecting, and reusing information. SharePoint hosts digital content like pages, lists, videos, images, designs, 3D, medical scans, and markup as well as traditional Office documents. SharePoint embodies ease of use with ease of management—on any device, for any user, at any location. Importantly, SharePoint collects and extends content experiences to any application in Office 365—including Microsoft Teams and Outlook and, of course, third-party applications as well.
These innovations—along with customers’ transition to the cloud and the growing imperative for secure content collaboration and sharing—are driving growth across Microsoft 365, SharePoint, and OneDrive. More than 350,000 organisations now have SharePoint and OneDrive in Microsoft 365, including 90 percent of the Fortune 500. Active users grew over 90 percent, and data stored in SharePoint grew over 250 percent in the last year alone.
Additionally, Microsoft is the only company recognised as a leader in both the Content Collaboration Platforms and Content Services Platforms Magic Quadrant reports.
- SharePoint is easy to set up, with a simple and clean user interface paired to easy but powerful management, deeply integrated with OneDrive so you can take your files anywhere.
- SharePoint empowers you to create beautiful, engaging pages and knowledge portals, enriched with video from Stream and conversations from Yammer, to connect across your organization.
- Microsoft combines the power of artificial intelligence (AI) with content to help you be more productive, make more informed decisions, and keep more secure. This includes video and audio transcription, mobile capture to SharePoint using the top-rated OneDrive mobile app, as well as other features to make Microsoft 365 the smartest place to store your content.
- Microsoft 365 is easily connected and automated via Microsoft Flow to over 200 cloud and on-premises systems, enriched with Azure cognitive services, and extended with PowerApps and the SharePoint framework for custom development.
- SharePoint delivers content across Microsoft 365. Whether you are a Firstline Worker working remotely, co-authoring in Office apps, emailing cloud attachments in Outlook, or collaborating with your team in the new chat-based workspace Microsoft Teams, SharePoint provides a consistent set of experiences across the applications.
- SharePoint can store any file and now supports viewing of over 320 file formats, including Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Illustrator (AI), Acrobat (PDF), as well as video, 3D formats, and DICOM images.
- With Microsoft Search, Microsoft are introducing new search experiences into the apps you use every day, including Bing.com and Windows, and our vision to connect across your organization’s network of data.
- SharePoint supports customers ranging in size from small businesses to organizations with hundreds of thousands of users, and has a maximum tenant capacity of 30 trillion documents.
- SharePoint leverages Microsoft security capabilities such as Advanced Data Governance for automated retention and records management, Data Loss Protection (DLP), eDiscovery, and MIP-based encryption, all with consistent controls across Microsoft 365.
- With 100+ global datacenters and Microsoft’s global network edge—combined with compliance standards, including ISO 27001, FISMA, and EU Model Clauses— Microsoft offer customers trusted enterprise-grade compliance and security.
This year, Microsoft welcomed a limited number of Microsoft Preferred Partners to our Content Services Partner Program. Each (including Intelogy) is recognised for proven customer success to modernise, embrace, and extend our content services platform.
Source – Microsoft again recognized as a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms
As a Microsoft Gold Partner and Charter Partner for Content Services, Intelogy have the necessary skills and expertise to make a difference to your business. Find out more about our content services here or contact us to discuss your digital needs.