HCA Clinical Policy Document Management
Our client is a global private hospital group with significant interests in the UK
Intelogy was challenged to digitise an existing policy change management process and improve access to the latest policy documents at both a corporate and local level. The client found the retrieval of paper based policies extremely difficult as they were not all stored in one location, the last published policy were difficult to obtain because these policies needed to be distributed to numerous different hospital sites. It was imperative that nurses should access to the latest policies at any time of day or night. The management of change process was not to change it was simply to make it easier for the correct parties to approve or reject changes.
SharePoint was introduced, and a single repository was created in which all published policies could be stored following a fully governed change management process. Native SharePoint Search functionality was extended so that anyone from within the organisation could have a streamlined search experience, with the ability to further refine their results by specific keywords, e.g. site, department, document type etc. This meant that anyone could easily locate and retrieve the most recent published policy document, even at 03:00 in the morning.
The standard out of the box SharePoint display template was also amended to surface relevant and useful metadata associated to the policy, as well as the documents’ content.
Quick retrieval of published PDF versions of the policies by either searching for a relevant word from the policy’s title, or by browsing by a specific hospital’s location (in case there is a site specific policy).
Version history on document libraries allows certain permission levels to access older versions of a specific document.
Confidence that users are presented with the latest published document removing any doubt about the required steps.
Effective refinement of search results by site, department, document type, etc…
The ability to view the policy without having to physically open the file.
- Intelogy transforms document collaboration for oil and gas company with SharePoint and OneDriveMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T14:56:32+01:00
- SHL modernises Legal Review Business Application using PowerApps and Flow with help from IntelogyMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T11:43:26+01:00
- Full Modern Workplace solution designed and deployed for Oxford Institute for Energy Studies within one monthMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T11:44:27+01:00
- British multinational food processing company leaps into modernisation by moving to SharePoint OnlineMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T11:45:45+01:00
- The Royal Parks migrate their Intranet to SharePoint Online and use Yammer to increase their staff engagementMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T11:46:53+01:00
- Intelogy & Proventeq deliver Maritime Insurance migration of 7 million documents for 33,000 members from Meridio to SharePoint OnlineMargarita Ausheva2020-05-06T11:26:58+01:00