University College London Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering
UCL’s Department of Civil, Environmental & Geomatic Engineering currently holds the largest EPSRC research portfolio in civil engineering and ranked as the number one university in which to study Civil Engineering in the 2013 and 2014 Guardian League Tables.
Intelogy was approached to design and build a responsive SharePoint site for UCL. The challenges for this project included accessible and responsive design for a wide variety of audience and devices, all on a manageable budget.
This site could potentially be very content-heavy, so one of the biggest challenges is user-engagement without content dilution.
There is a potential for multiple content authors, requiring oversight on authoring and publishing content on the site.
The design was approached from a commercial standpoint and designed with an expanded palette of UCL CEGE’s branding portfolio. We also pulled in design elements from the main UCL site to ensure a cohesive experience when users move from one site to the next.
We leaned on SharePoint’s term store, as well as standard out-of-box features to make management of the site quick and simple. Using client-side scripting allowed for dynamically pulled content to appear on the site in an on-demand fashion.
To ensure full transparency on content creation and maintenance, we implemented SharePoint’s publishing framework to allow for multi-level content authoring and publishing.
Moving to SharePoint with an accessible and responsive design means UCL CEGE’s site is available to a much larger audience.
Engaging site that provides easy management of content within SharePoint’s multi-level publishing framework.
Well-documented open source technologies like Bootstrap, allow the development of new page layouts without additional documentation or training.
- Intelogy transforms document collaboration for oil and gas company with SharePoint and OneDriveMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T14:56:32+01:00
- SHL modernises Legal Review Business Application using PowerApps and Flow with help from IntelogyMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T11:43:26+01:00
- Full Modern Workplace solution designed and deployed for Oxford Institute for Energy Studies within one monthMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T11:44:27+01:00
- British multinational food processing company leaps into modernisation by moving to SharePoint OnlineMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T11:45:45+01:00
- The Royal Parks migrate their Intranet to SharePoint Online and use Yammer to increase their staff engagementMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T11:46:53+01:00
- Intelogy & Proventeq deliver Maritime Insurance migration of 7 million documents for 33,000 members from Meridio to SharePoint OnlineMargarita Ausheva2020-05-06T11:26:58+01:00