Universities UK SharePoint Website
Universities UK is the definitive voice for universities in the UK, providing high quality leadership and support to their members, to promote a successful and diverse higher education sector.
Universities UK approached Intelogy to redesign and rebuild their current website in SharePoint. The site had to be accessible compliant, responsive and engaging, providing users a higher level of interactivity and effectively increase user engagement.
One key requirement was that content contributors can easily administer content in different areas of the site, while providing oversight on published content and making cross-promoting and tagging related content a simple task.
We achieved all objectives through very detailed and thoughtful information architecture, putting the target audience and content contributors at the center of the user experience requirements.
We implemented SharePoint’s publishing infrastructure and group-based permissions to allow easy adding and removing of content administrators and a single administrator handling publishing of finalised and vetted content.
The term store was used to tag pages, which web parts consume automatically to display related articles, blog posts, events, and theme experts. This provides a central point for managing tags and top navigation, and fully automates the related content streams to allow content contributors to focus on content rather than page configuration.
Image Renditions were used in SharePoint to ensure images are loaded at the correct resolution rather than putting extra weight on content contributors to provide images in the correct formats and dimensions.
We built the site using as much well-documented frameworks as possible, to ensure Universities UK can easily extend the application if they chose to do so, without the need for heavy documentation or additional consultant cost.
Easily and centrally managed keywords, themes and top navigation.
Automated image resizing and cropping to allow content contributors to upload large images without messing causing display issues or large downloads for end-users.
Using SharePoint’s term store for top navigation and tagging content allows the display of related content on landing pages from different areas of the site, giving visitors full insight into UUK’s mission and vision.
- Intelogy transforms document collaboration for oil and gas company with SharePoint and OneDriveMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T14:56:32+01:00
- SHL modernises Legal Review Business Application using PowerApps and Flow with help from IntelogyMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T11:43:26+01:00
- Full Modern Workplace solution designed and deployed for Oxford Institute for Energy Studies within one monthMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T11:44:27+01:00
- British multinational food processing company leaps into modernisation by moving to SharePoint OnlineMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T11:45:45+01:00
- The Royal Parks migrate their Intranet to SharePoint Online and use Yammer to increase their staff engagementMargarita Ausheva2020-06-10T11:46:53+01:00
- Intelogy & Proventeq deliver Maritime Insurance migration of 7 million documents for 33,000 members from Meridio to SharePoint OnlineMargarita Ausheva2020-05-06T11:26:58+01:00